FIREFIGHTERS have released pictures of damage caused by a fire at a wood joinery workshop.

The pictures have been posted on Buckfastleigh Fire Stations Facebook page.

The Buckfastleigh Firefighters said on their Facebook page: ‘We were called along with our friends from Ashburton Fire Station and Ivybridge Fire Station to a fire in a commercial unit in Rattery.

‘On arrival the incident commander requested a further three fire appliances due to the lack of water supplies in the area.

‘A representative from the national grid also attended as the incident was situated directly below a national grid electricity pylon.

‘Eight breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet, a 45mm jet and two positive pressure ventilation fans were used to extinguish the fire and we revisited the premises again later in the evening to confirm the fire was out.

‘The cause has yet to be confirmed but is believed accidental and we would like to thank the occupiers of the business for their help during the incident.’

A Fire Control spokesperson said: ‘The fire was in a building with a 40m long floor used as a wood joinery and the fire was involving the wood storage area.

‘There was 50% damage by fire, 100% damage to smoke.’